connect with the hour glass
About this opportunity
As a Digital Marketing Intern, you will assist and support the Digital Marketing team in planning and executing digital marketing campaigns, online events, and client engagement strategies. You will also be responsible for regularly updating the content on our website’s watch collection and product pages.
This internship offers a unique opportunity to gain insights into the digital marketing aspects of the watch retail business within a sophisticated branded environment. Over several months, you will familiarize yourself with the diverse brands in The Hour Glass’s extensive portfolio, each with its unique identity. You will also observe how we leverage online and offline channels to drive foot traffic to our boutiques and engage with prospective customers and clients across various touchpoints.
Your key responsibilities include:
Website Content Management
- Ensure that website content and assets are always up to date.
- Oversee product pages on our website, ensuring timely publication of new products and accurate product details.
- Create and publish new collection pages whenever we add a new brand to our portfolio.
- Coordinate with brand partners to acquire any missing asset or content.
- Collaborate with various teams on both routine and spontaneous CMS tasks and initiatives.
- Contribute to the conceptualization and development of engaging social media campaigns.
- Review SEM (Search Engine Marketing) copy to ensure accuracy and effectiveness.
- Assist in the creation of SEO-friendly articles for our website.
- Engage in competitive benchmarking to help the team stay ahead of the curve in emerging digital tools and trends.
Social Media & Monitoring
- Monitor social media trends, audience behaviour, and conversations to inform content strategies and stay ahead of changing dynamics.
- Respond to comments, messages and inquiries across social platforms promptly, and professionally.
- Stay up to date on emerging social media platforms and tools, and recommend on their integrations wherever relevant to reach a broader audience.
- Maintain a content calendar and schedule to ensure timely and relevant posts.
- Foster positive online communities and proactively manage any potential issues or crises.
We are seeking a suitably qualified candidate with the following skills and experience:
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree program, preferably in Marketing or Business Administration.
- At least 1-year previous experience in digital marketing / digital marketing technology.
- Student projects or additional experiences in digital marketing, premium brands or retail brands are a bonus.
- Be a valuable team member who is supportive and resourceful.
- Contribute creatively, suggest ideas, source for vendors, and participate in brainstorming sessions to craft innovative campaigns.
- Be highly proficient in PowerPoint and take pride in preparing immaculate and polished presentations.
- Have a strong command of spoken and written English.
- Possess strong analytical skills, be data-savvy, and proficient in Excel.
- Extra credit for being familiar with CMS such as WordPress, and e-commerce platforms such as WooCommerce.
- Have prior internships in marketing, e-commerce or digital agencies.
- Be detail-oriented and organized.
- Be passionate and curious about the premium/retail industry.
- Have a positive attitude, be adaptable and collaborative.
- Be resourceful, energetic, and willing to learn and grow.